As a critical member of the Solutions Marketing team, the Market Research and Competitive Intelligence role is responsible for sourcing, assessing and authoring market and competitive intelligence, working closely with staff from Sales, Marketing, Product Management and other groups across the company. This role monitors industry trends (industry regulations, technology trends, macroeconomic conditions, business processes, challenges) and terminology, and acts as an industry subject matter expert. The individual in this role is key in supporting strategic planning activities by providing actionable recommendations based on assessments of markets and competitors, both existing and potential.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of AI-driven communication services for customer engagement in voice and digital channels as well as a deep understanding of biometric authentication solutions for fraud prevention. The ideal candidate also possesses strong market analysis and communication skills and is a strong cross-functional team leader who enjoys driving change in a fast-paced, thriving environment.
This individual will report to the Director of Market, Customer, & Competitive Intelligence.
- Conduct research to capture insights on market trends, competitive landscape, customer needs, and end-user behaviors relevant to conversational AI and biometric security
- Identify, collect and interpret appropriate customer, competitor, market, economic, financial, and/or operational data and translate into executable and effective market and intelligence reports and presentations.
- Monitor intelligence sources (blogs, media, competitors' web sites, webinars, conference sessions/trade shows, and calls for papers).
- Responsible for strategic data and information, trend and scenario analysis, and other business analytics in support of strategic planning and execution.
- Conduct market and customer research to gather data and insight about target personas, buyer needs and the purchasing decision process for the product or service, including key buyer roles and customer journey mapping.
- Conduct Win Loss analysis, including working directly with Nuance's third party Win Loss provider to manage target accounts and oversee results presentations and follow-up recommendations.
- Work collaboratively internally and externally to develop and drive excellent strategic commercial insights that inform and shape communications to achieve their maximum potential.
- Identify new ways to position solutions in the market and work with Solutions Marketing, Sales, and Product Management colleagues to execute on strategies.
- Collaborate with Product Management and influence product roadmaps by comparing and sharing market and competitive insights into buyer needs and market opportunities with Nuance's distinctive competencies and existing plans.
- Provide consulting and interpretation of market and consumer/customer research data to Nuance's Enterprise Division and help analyze data and adjust activities to drive continuous improvement of marketing, sales, support, and delivery efforts.
- Field and deliver ad hoc market and competitive intelligence from internal customers.
- Share market and competitive intelligence analysis through internal communications, such as email announcements, internal website, and regular newsletter communications.
- Cultivate and sustain working relationships with key industry opinion leaders, associations and analysts who can play a role in supporting division business objectives. Serve as project manager, as needed, for research projects with external analysts/vendors.
- Continually add to the understanding of the company's solutions by developing a thorough understanding of similar products, competition, and market trends that impact individual product lines and cross-solution portfolios.
- BA/BS degree and minimum 6-8 years of experience in enterprise technology marketing, product management, or related field.
- Demonstrated subject-matter expertise in conversational AI, spanning customer engagement solutions across voice and digital channels and user authentication solutions, such as voice authentication for fraud prevention.
- Past experience conducting market research, competitive intelligence, win-loss analysis, or similar activities.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and conduct detailed, substantive market and product research in order to understand our products, competitor's products, and the market we inhabit.
- A dual-minded approach: You're highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Technically capable, excellent written and verbal communicator, and a desire to improve processes.
- Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity. This role requires you to work across functions and departments to bring our solutions to life.
- Great track record of working cross functionally with engineers, sales, developer evangelists, business development, and community leaders.
- Competitive intelligence training or certifications highly desired.
- Experience utilizing competitive intelligence software tools a plus.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.