At a glance:
- Do you excel at tracking and reporting on all facets of competitor activities and trends that impact an organization?
- Can you lead a team through the ongoing discovery and synthesis of data and insights from internal and external sources?
- Do you desire a highly visible, influential position guiding the future of technology leader?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
As the Senior Director of Competitive Intelligence and Research, you track and report on all facets of competitor activities and trends that impact Spectrum Enterprise. You lead a team through the ongoing discovery and synthesis of data and insights. Using internal and external sources, you assess a competitor's network build, product offering, promotions, strategic alliances, go-to-market strategies and client targeting. You continuously provide comprehensive intelligence and actionable insights to Product, Strategy, Sales, Marketing and senior executives.
You improve the stream of competitive intelligence sourcing and research by staying current on industry trends. You leverage boundary partner and external data provider relationships to maintain dashboards and flow share and market share models for all products and segments. You thrive in an office environment interacting with multiple teams simultaneously and traveling as needed to achieve company objectives. You report directly to the Vice President of Enterprise Strategy for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary with a long-term incentive plan.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on Spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Encourage company-wide excellence through active and consistent support to simplify and enhance the client experience.
- Guide the market research team and activities to support product and offer development, marketing, sales strategies and client communication.
- Provide client and industry insights that are developed and supported with primary and secondary research for senior executives to leverage.
- Report on industry and product trends with ramifications for competitive evolution to create actionable implications for Spectrum Enterprise.
- Publish competitive insights that translate in to business strategy and tactics to optimize business decisions in a rapidly evolving industry.
- Improve product, marketing, pricing and offer effectiveness by delivering strategic research insights.
- Liaison with internal peer groups to share information and leverage best practices and common vendors.
- Maximize the team's impact by guiding extensive research design, primary and secondary research reporting, research project management, team management and developing strategic recommendations.
- Support an enterprise-wide approach toward research-driven decision-making by using the necessary research tools, techniques and software while working to strengthen and evolve research methodologies and strategies.
- Gain competitor insight by developing profiles that include footprint, product set and features, marketing analytics, channels employed, trend of historical performance and growth strategies.
- Identify, source, aggregate and assess intelligence from internal and external sources.
- Lead the analysis of market share and flow share trending by researching relevant competitors at the national and regional market level.
- Assess growth opportunities and threats by geography and product to guide executive decisions.
- Track competitor network builds geographically by sourcing and managing data.
- Manage the analysis of offers and promotional tactics for national, regional and local competitors to develop and counter competitive claims.
- Participate in the overall budgeting and forecasting process by planning budgets and forecasts while managing operational expenses.
- Identify trends and occurrences in data and translate findings to create dynamic, centralized reports and data-driven, impactful presentations.
- Attract and retain effective staff through mentoring, coaching, development, appraisal and motivation techniques.
Required keys for success:
- Seven or more years of management experience.
- Ten or more years of competitive analysis, market research and strategic planning experience.
- Expert in market research principles, techniques and processes.
- Experience with competitive analysis and business and industry research with the ability to analyze data and develop and present data-driven reports.
- Understanding of competitive analysis.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a concise and easy to understand format.
- Track record of successfully attracting, developing and managing a team.
- Prioritization and organizational skills with the ability to manage large, complex projects.
- Detail-oriented with the ability succeed in a fast-paced dynamic environment with limited oversight.
- Strategic thinker balanced with ability to anticipate future trends, needs and expectations.
- Business planning and forecasting skills with the ability to focus on the overall strategy of a region.
- Proven leadership, team building and mentoring skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and a high-level proficiency with Excel.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- Prior experience in telecommunications.
- Experience with Think Cell or Tableau.
- Bachelor's degree in research, management, finance, statistics or economics, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required).
- Master's degree in business administration (preferred).
MRS801 314045-2 314045BR