SalesIntel is looking for a Director of Product Marketing to join our Product team. The Director of Product Marketing will put yourself in our clients’ shoes to truly understand the pains and challenges of the target market we are serving, and determine how to communicate our value proposition and differentiate against our competitors. You will oversee and execute product and feature launches, internally and externally, and capture market feedback to reinvest in the product. This role will also be responsible for enabling our sales teams to know what and how to sell, thereby directly helping to contribute to the sales pipeline and revenue. Our ideal product marketer is an independent worker who will forge in-roads across the organization on their path to success. This is a highly-visible position in our organization that has both tactical and strategic responsibilities.
While this will initially be an individual contributor role, the company is rapidly growing. The right candidate will likely become a team leader for the product marketing function, but will start by establishing the product marketing function and how to “do it right” at SalesIntel.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work closely with the product development team to translate product features into benefits and solutions, and to provide key market feedback to aid in future product development and roadmapping
- Own new product releases and launch plans, and manage contributions from other participants
- Become the in-house expert on the competitive landscape, educate the go-to-market team, and develop competitive positioning talking points and strategies
- Refine positioning statements, address client and prospect pain points, and establish our value to the market
- Collaborate with in-house creators including writers, designers, and videographers to create compelling content
- Partner with customer marketing on upsell campaigns by identifying key product usage patterns that translate into new opportunities
- Gather and analyze information to identify new markets and customers, demand for products and services, and efficacy of existing marketing campaigns and strategies
- 5+ years of product marketing experience for a B2B SaaS or DaaS company, ideally with experience working for a growth-stage start-up
- Experience with products designed for marketing, sales, and revenue operation audiences is a plus
- Experience in applying frameworks and mental models to understand messaging and positioning, such as ideal customer profile (ICP), buyer personas, buyer journey frameworks, strategic competitive analysis, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively cross-functionally and get internal stakeholder buy-in
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional writing and presentation skills
- Prior experience owning the product marketing discipline for a single product line; experience managing multiple product lines is highly desirable
The Product Management Team:
You will join a vibrant and experienced team led by Lauren Kreisberg, our VP of Product who believes in building products that make our clients’ lives better. On this team, you will be encouraged to think of creative solutions and develop strong partnerships with your product management counterparts, in order to deliver features that our clients enjoy using. We support our go-to-market teams in developing the association between SalesIntel products and our clients’ professional success. Our product team members are independent thinkers who lean on each other to share experiences, develop ideas, and implement collaborative solutions.