As a Competitive Intelligence Senior Consultant, you will work on a dedicated team within Global Strategy and Innovation, contributing your knowledge and expertise to projects in support of Deloitte’s strategic and innovation initiatives.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Bringing a strategic mindset and structured approach to problem solving, motivated by intellectual curiosity
- Conducting rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis using tech-enabled tools to form insights
- Developing an understanding of professional services, technology, and the broader business environment
- Building subject-matter expertise on the competitive environment for professional services and developing a deep understanding of specific competitors
- Communicating your ideas with poise to stakeholders through effective written and oral communication
- Ongoing tracking of competitor performance and actions; delivering regular updates to leadership
- Managing deliverables with self-direction and a commitment to quality
- Investing in the professional development of yourself and your team members with enthusiasm
About the team
Deloitte Global Culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible—tangible—results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network. In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in—with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out—with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark. Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Global Strategy and Innovation charts the direction of Deloitte, shapes and explores the impact of the next big client markets and supports key global leaders in shaping the Firm’s strategy and innovation agenda. We employ cutting-edge strategic practices that
reshape our perspectives, environments, and businesses while connecting our people with each other and our global clients in fresh and exciting ways.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience, or 2 years of experience plus MBA or other advanced degree in a relevant field. Relevant experience includes, but not limited to, Strategy & Operations related consulting, Corporate Strategy or Innovation-related roles in a global organization, and professional services market research or industry analysis
- Experience in competitive intelligence preferred, ideally in technology or consulting services
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Thinking critically
- Conducting robust quantitative analysis on large sets of data
- Pursuing structured qualitative research
- Developing knowledge of the professional services market and competitive and technology trends
- Owning workstreams and adapting to change
- Building relationships and establishing trust with team members and relevant stakeholders
- Communicating ideas and concepts in a clear, logical way (with limited guidance)
Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We’re also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mind¬set, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Job Segment: Quantitative Analyst, Market Research, Consulting, Equity, MBA, Data, Marketing, Technology, Finance, Management